The kind of materials and inputs used for sealing the roofs is called roofing to protect them and its commercial version is called Commercial Roofing. It is also popular among us as home roof systems.
This home roof’s system is very popular among the builders and homeowners as their effectiveness and efficiency are much better than other products or materials used in previous times for the protection of infrastructures of buildings, houses, and other constructions.
Top 3 Types of Roofs
- Flat Roofs
- Low Sloped Roofs
- Pitched Roofs
What are the materials used in Roofs?
- Metal Retrofit
These kinds of metals include pre-finished materials of steel, copper materials along with zinc used in the general manufacturing/construction. There is a kind of roof that involves metal plating, which is very durable and versatile. These materials also very lightweight and don’t require much maintenance and erection.
Its slope is generally flat as of the residential designs. It is assumed that the Dura ply and single-ply (prefabricated) systems are best for this kind. Mostly the roofs of commercial buildings and infrastructures have at least a low slope of 1/4 inch per foot. Generally, the slope proves to be a good one if there is a proper water run-off or drainage system.
- The coatings of this ply are highly reflective with a white coating that conserves a lot of energy.
- It is Very Durable and Easy to install.
- It is also against leakage and wind and airtight. It is sealed against rain and wind and other changing patterns as well.
- Easier occupancy.
- Lower temperatures within the building,
- Lower load of cooling on the HVAC systems.
- It generally has a lifelong warranty of 30 years.
- The most highlighted disadvantage is poor drainage.
- Standing water can leads to leakage and other damage issues in the buildings and infrastructures.
It also has an emerging method called the solar roof’s system. Its main feature is that it is eco-friendly and helps to save money with solar energy.
There is also a flat kind in which TPO, EPDM and the PVC systems are used. All these Roofings are available on low costs as well and very durable whose life stain varies from 30-35 years. All we need is to maintain them properly as per the instructions and must take proper precautions to have a long life span.