Goatskin rugs are not new in the interior design scene. They have been around for many years and they continue to gain popularity. Whether you use your goatskin rugs for decorating your home or office, you must learn how to keep them in their best condition for a long time.
Goatskin rugs are naturally beautiful and easy to coordinate with the rest of your décor. The rugs are available in various sizes, shapes, and colours. They can be customized to match different preferences. The following tips may help you keep your rugs beautiful for a long time.
- Even though the rugs are durables, you shouldn’t neglect regular cleaning and maintenance. Adopt a cleaning regime to maintain the luxurious hair of your goatskin rug. For daily cleaning, shake it off to get rid of loose dirt and dust. For weekly cleaning, brush it in the direction of the hairs. Brushing against the hairs may damage your rug.
- Clean up spills as soon as you notice them. Use paper towels or a sponge to blot up a spill before it dries up. Be careful not to transfer it to other parts of the rug. Don’t use a rubbing motion to clean up spills. Rubbing will make the stain worse than it is. Even though it is okay to use a moist sponge, do not expose your goatskin rug to excessive water. Work from the outer parts of the rug towards the inside. If your rug has a stubborn stain, seek the help of a cleaning company.
- When cleaning your goatskin rugs, always beware of the long hair. It accumulates lots of dirt and loose particles. Frequent vacuuming may damage the hairs.
- When storing your goatskin rugs, avoid plastic packaging as it may lead to creasing. If you plan on storing it for a long time, keep it in a cool, dry, and well-aired place. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and moisture. If the rug has crease marks after storage, the marks will be less noticeable over time.
- If your rug has been exposed to moisture, dry it in a warm place away from direct sunlight. When the rug has dried, gently brush through the hairs
A goatskin rug will look great in any room. The rugs add a feeling of warmth and luxury to your space. They are versatile and you can always find one that complements your space. Goatskin rugs can serve as; hangings for your walls, drapes for your chairs, and mats. They can suit any interior design vision. You can use the rugs to make your space seem; darker, lighter, or cosier.
If you are looking for affordable goatskin rugs, consider getting them from Hide Rugs. It is a family-owned and run business that offers natural and high-quality products at competitive prices. Their customer service is incredible and you always get exactly what your order. The rugs are photographed individually so you can pick the specific one that appeals to you. All their hides are bi-products of the meat industry.