A water purification systems is a unit that is used for purifying water by removing the impurities present in them. Water softeners remove the unwanted minerals from water that makes ward hard. Hard water is caused because of high level of calcium and magnesium present in the water. Hard water causes several domestic and industrial problems. They are generally found clogging the pipes and reducing the effectiveness of soap and detergents. They also lead to break down of boilers in industries. Some people may find the difference in the water and the water appliances while others become accustomed to the feel of hard water. These water can cause various types of damages to health and equipment. Hence, it is necessary that one must use water softener or water filter to remove the contaminants of water. Needing water at your business place then check for business water provider.
What is a hard water filter?
A hard water filter is the device that removes the hardness from the water. It filters the water and removes the components that cause hardness of water. The components that majorly affect the hardness of water is the presence of calcium and magnesium mineral contents in the water. Water that has high level of calcium and magnesium is called hard water and water that has low level of calcium and magnesium is referred as soft water. However, hard water can be converted into soft water with the help of hard water filter. The hard water filter changes the component of water with the components of the filter. Thus, calcium and magnesium contents are replaced with the sodium chloride. This process of replacement of calcium and magnesium with sodium makes water softer.
What is a water softener?
A water softener is also a device that is used for transforming hard water into soft water. They remove minerals component that are not suitable for domestic use from the water thus, making them useful for domestic use. Water softeners only tame the effects of calcium and magnesium by way of elimination of formation of limescale. However, the healthy minerals like magnesium and calcium retained in the water. These minerals are good dietary substance and hence are needed in water. Softeners can be installed as a whole house water softener systems or can only be used in kitchen.
Benefits of water treatment
- A water that is treated and filtered have various benefits one being cleaner and shinier mirrors, cars, silverware, glassware, etc.
- Filtered water is also beneficial for smooth hair and also makes skin soft.
- It also increases the effectiveness of soaps and detergents. Hence, you need less quantity of soaps and detergents for washing clothes.
- Soap curd is the cause that makes cleaning difficult. However, filtered water reduces the formation of soap curd which reduces the housework.
- As filtered water is free of unwanted minerals, it prevents trapping of those minerals in the fabric which leads to increasing the lifespan of the clothes.
- Water softener helps to reduce the cause that is needed to be spent on the damages done to appliances because of the hard water.