Artificial grass is becoming more popular than ever as more people discover its benefits, like less required maintenance and conservation of money on water bills. Homeowners who prefer to have artificial turfs are increasing as of today.
Yet not all homeowners know about the things they need to consider when buying artificial grass, especially its different types. Finding what the most suitable type for your preference and home is should be your priority before starting your fake lawn project.
TYPES OF SYNTHETIC TURF ACCORDING TO MATERIAL
- Nylon Artificial Grass – known to have the stiffest blades, the nylon type holds its original shape even under hard athletic plays or numerous and frequent high foot traffic. This type can withstand high temperatures without melting or losing stability as well. This is a popular choice for play areas and sports fields despite of its expensiveness.
- Polyethylene Artificial Grass– has the most life-like texture among all artificial grass types, requiring minimal maintenance like raking or brushing blades to keep its upright shape. This is the top pick of homeowners to replace their lawn without losing visual aesthetic and its natural feels. This type is commonly used for pool areas, outdoor play spaces and entire home lawns.
- Polypropylene Artificial Grass – the least expensive out of all types, this has a more delicate texture as it is made from solid pellets. Yet is also has the least durability among three types and wears out very quickly.
TYPES OF ARTIFICIAL GRASS ACCORDING TO PILE HEIGHT
- Short Pile Height – this is the type that is shorter than 30mm and makes your turf looks more natural. It is known to be an excellent choice for homeowners since building a green house on it is easier.
- Medium Pile Height – synthetic grasses that has an average length between 30mm to 37mm. It can make your turf looks natural without the heaviness and is suitable for your yard or recreational space.
- Long Pile Height – this has the length of 37mm above that may become heavy and look flat. Extended pile heights may tend to seem unnatural for some as well.
With numerous types of artificial grass like in Melbourne, you will surely need time to think which one suits best for your home and for your needs. Remember to think carefully before choosing which one you would have on your fake lawn.
To know more aboutthe different types of artificial grass, you can read thisinfographic from Easy Turf.